Ok let me start by introducing myself. My name is Amy, I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have been married to LOML for 15 years and I have 6 sporty boys (ages 15-7). SO why am I blogging? Many fellow moms have told me I need to blog or write a book to help other moms. My boys have trained me well in spotting an injury, finding awesome doctors, sports rules and much much more. My goal is to help my mom friends anyway I can. This won't be a perfectly punctuated or PC blog, so please keep in mind these are my experiences and opinions.
Today's issue that came up was FINDING YOUR SON A SUITABLE ATHLETIC CUP....lol
I have bought many many cups and supporters. Some of my boys like the cup briefs, some like compression shorts...what I have found works best is a smaller cup works best for a boy who has a rough time adjusting to wearing a cup or a "twisty" cup. At our local sporting goods store, you can buy a cup separate from the supporters.
The second issue I heard today was about dressing your baseball players appropriately when playing in weather under 60 degrees. You must have your athlete's arms warm and protected. It is extremely easy to hurt your bicep muscle and or elbow in the cold weather. When your athlete gets to the game, most teams do a "warm up" of lots of tossing; which is what needs to be done no matter what the weather, so now your athlete's arm is "warm" meaning the muscles are loose and ready to use. Typically now your son goes and sits on the bench waiting for his turn to bat, or go in the field; and his muscles cool off and tighten back up. Wearing a snug and warm long sleeve in the cool weather will help keep the muscles warm even in the cool weather while waiting to use those muscles again. The bottom line is Mommas please keep those athletes warm so they can play their very best!
Ok, friends feel free to send me questions or other ideas. Thanks for taking the time to listen to the experiences of this sporty mom.
Amy, LOVE IT! I am overly excited about this blog! I am one of the many that run to Amy for "boy/sport" advice, questions & ideas. Being a single Mama raising an 11 yr old athlete is an adventure everyday! Who knew that cups came in different sizes? Not I! I am so thankful that Amy has decided to put her knowledge to good use! She has been told for years to write a book! Yay Mom of 6 sporty boys! From one Mama to another,Thank you and God Bless you!
ReplyDelete